Thursday, February 13, 2014

Protect from freeze or beyond temperature violation... (New York)

Dear All,

The coldest air in almost 20 years was sweeping over the central U.S. toward the East Coast, threatening to topple temperature records, ignite energy demand and damage Great Plains winter wheat. That week, I was in New York. It was freezing cold - though I knew it was going to be cold, my sweater and heavy coat did not help much since there was also terrible wind all the time!..

On the 7th of January, walking in the 40E street, a pallet sitting on the pavement attracted my attention with a sign on it "Protect from freeze". I was in a rush for an appointment and just continued walking. In the afternoon, going back to my hotel from the same street, I was shocked to see the same pallet at the same spot, still waiting. This time I made a photo, then took a screen shot of my iPhone showing the temperature.


Minus 16 deg C!.. I had no idea since when the pallet was left on the pavement, unattended like this, but was sure, whatever it contained, was sure frozen. This is what I call "temperature violation"...

Cheers UMIT

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, these products are no longer usable
    ramzi

    ReplyDelete